Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Sunday!


Hi everyone! Welcome to another scrappy Sunday on the blog! Chelsea here with a little something to hopefully get your mojo going. I know that summer can be a really hard time of the year to scrap in, most people would rather be outside enjoying the beautiful weather, taking trips, etc. So now that fall is upon us, school is 'almost' back in, I think it's time to step up the layouts, how about you?


I wanted to share with you a layout I did for a friend of mine.... She recently gave me the best birthday present EVER by having her beautiful son Kade right smack on my birthday!! I met him last week at his baby shower, and he is such a precious little boy... absolutely one of the cutest babies ever.



I used Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic, and chose the subtle blue/greens and browns with just a hint of red. I find sometimes when printing my own pictures at home, that it works better to use the 'antique' setting to change the color of the photo so that it doesn't clash so much with the papers that I am wanting to use.


 I used some die cuts to create my background, and added in some of my own hand cut paper strips to make somewhat of a quilt pattern around the photo. I even broke out my stickles, which have been very neglected lately!

Now that summer is over, let's get cranking out the layouts, people!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment